Friday, April 25, 2008

Oral

Yes. Today, the oral was a hard one. I can't post about it now as there are people who have not taken the oral yet. Phew. I managed to used some metaphor and idioms. (:

Reading. I read two words, stammering. I think made enough emphasis and had enough expression. Can at least get at 9?

Picture. Managed to end with a metaphor and idiom. Used one word from the reading passage. :x Can at least get a 8?

Conversation. I don't think I fared well in this component. Did not go deep enough. No point crying over spilt milk. But can at least get a 7?

AHhhs. Approximately around 24? Didn't meet my standard. Hope that I can get at least 27. Well, my examiner was Mdm Siti Mariam.

Well, on the other hand, have we thought how oral affects our daily life? Yes. It builds up our confidence in our speeches and trains us on our thinking flexibility. Well, example, conversation. No one knows what will come out for it. But, a person who is capable of giving a intelligent speech and opinion, then really deserves our applaud.

We need this flexibility in order for us to give answers accurately and from another perspective. Who knows, maybe we may need it in our future life. Eg: An interview, getting a contract signed. It all depends on our persuasiveness and our thinking. Only the one who speaks uniquely and different from others become prominent out of the whole lot of people.

We may think oral is a thing that is stupid. But it is not. We will need it in our future life. So, have you ever wondered how debaters rebutt so accurately and smartly? It all points up to the brain. Only when we have a deeper understanding of things and a different perspective of things, we may become like as fluent and fast thinking as, perhaps the hwa chong debaters? So oral really trains us not only verbally, but mentally too.

Lets put the topic aside. Just received news that made me go ecstatic. Since P4, our choir instructor has been bragging about us going overseas at the end of the year. But now, not yet. Just asked Miss Koh when I was playing basketball after oral. She said they discussing. Our conductor, Mr Lim, wants us to go Europe. WOOOOOWWWW. Loves to him. But Miss Koh say still contemplating because the cost of the trip may be hefty. Hope that can go Europe. (:

Just realized that today is Friday. Time passes fast eh? Like my new skin? Guzheng had SYF today. NN said that he had one note played wrongly. Hope that they can get gold. Then, we can get an award for the school.

Now, we have a bronze, silver and gold. Lacking of COP and Gold with honours.

Attending WK's prize presentation in May. Yays, going to Suntec. Mr.Teo say go there by MRT, most likely.

Have to pray for my conversation now. AHHHSSS. Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home