Today is SYF. I was quite nervous. The school before us I think was D'Stella(dunno spelled correctly) was so good. We were inferior to them.
The set piece- Actually, the set piece was always our worst piece. But today, it was the best. I think we were quite in tune.
Choice piece 1- This piece was always the middle standard piece. Did better than normal today. BUT. I did something wrong. TERRIBLY WRONG. I sang one of the words before the beat we were supposed to sing. That was obvious I think. Mrs Lim heard it. Hope it does not affect much.
Choice piece 2(Different language)- This piece was always our best piece. But, today, it was the worst. Our tempo was wrong and we were rushing. Some sang the lyrics wrongly.
Hope that can AT LEAST get a gold. Yen Ping thought we could.(Her prediction are always accurate somehow) But to me, it was about 40% chance. For gold with honours, we need a MIRACLE. Well, no point crying over spilt milk. As long as we did our best, we are the best. Results will be out on Thursday evening. Mrs Lim will then tell us on Friday.
Btw, I looked for the two words 'assertion' and 'assumption' in the cambridge dictionary.
Assertion
a statement that you strongly believe is true:
I certainly don't agree with his assertion that men are better drivers than women.
Assumption
something that you accept as true without question or proof:
People tend to make assumptions about you when you have a disability.
The difference seems to be at the 'accept' and the 'believe'. I can't try to explain.
Resource:
Cambridge dictionary online
I am having a sore throat now with a little flu. Feeling terrible. Perhaps that is why I can't explain. :D Nonsense -.-
Well, have to go rest now. Pray for the choir :D
The set piece- Actually, the set piece was always our worst piece. But today, it was the best. I think we were quite in tune.
Choice piece 1- This piece was always the middle standard piece. Did better than normal today. BUT. I did something wrong. TERRIBLY WRONG. I sang one of the words before the beat we were supposed to sing. That was obvious I think. Mrs Lim heard it. Hope it does not affect much.
Choice piece 2(Different language)- This piece was always our best piece. But, today, it was the worst. Our tempo was wrong and we were rushing. Some sang the lyrics wrongly.
Hope that can AT LEAST get a gold. Yen Ping thought we could.(Her prediction are always accurate somehow) But to me, it was about 40% chance. For gold with honours, we need a MIRACLE. Well, no point crying over spilt milk. As long as we did our best, we are the best. Results will be out on Thursday evening. Mrs Lim will then tell us on Friday.
Btw, I looked for the two words 'assertion' and 'assumption' in the cambridge dictionary.
Assertion
a statement that you strongly believe is true:
I certainly don't agree with his assertion that men are better drivers than women.
Assumption
something that you accept as true without question or proof:
People tend to make assumptions about you when you have a disability.
The difference seems to be at the 'accept' and the 'believe'. I can't try to explain.
Resource:
Cambridge dictionary online
I am having a sore throat now with a little flu. Feeling terrible. Perhaps that is why I can't explain. :D Nonsense -.-
Well, have to go rest now. Pray for the choir :D
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home