Importance of competition
I've just gotten my chinese composition marks and oral marks a few days ago. For EM2 Compo, I scored 37/40. I was utterly shocked with my eyes growing as big saucepans. The one after me was Joel Sim with 35.5 or 36.5. Didn't expect to pass with flying colours as Mr Teo said question 1 was not a wise choice. That was 'Ming Ti', where we are given a topic and we are supposed to write an incident. He said the highest he saw for question 1 was 30-32. Since then, I was like so worried.
Mr Teo said during PSLE, there is only a minor chance of scoring for question 1. Indeed, the second highest for question 1 was like 30-32? Worst of all, some failed with scores such as 15.5 and 19.5. So, should I which question should I choose for PSLE? Dilemma.
For EM1 Compo, I scored 36/40. Joel Sim won me by 0.5 marks. That made me kinda incensed. At least for oral, I scored 47/50. However, there are others who are also in the same range. Even English, many people are scoring in the >27 range.
Competition is soooo tough. There's no space for us to breathe(converted from chinese). Even 6/2, Joel Chan scored 35/40 by question 1. There's no chance for us to relax. However, this stress can act as a form of motivation sometimes. That is if you can take stress positively. If there's no competitiveness in society, there would be complacency. There would be no thoughts of improvement.
An analogy would be the big fish in the small pond and the small fish in the sea analogy brought up by MC. We can be a big fish swimming in a small pond, but there would be no competitiveness. Let's use science concept. Only the strongest will survive. However, what will happen if the big fish is put into the ocean? Being in a small pond, he is restricted and not see the light of the world. There would of course be complacency. There's a chinese proverb called 'Yan Er Dao Ling'. It means to cheat yourself.
Being a small fish in the sea, there would of course be different types of fishes competing for the same thing. However, this competition sharpens the fish's capability. Moreover, it will be more exposed to the world than just being in the pond. In the long run, which fish will be stronger? It is definitely obvious, the small fish. Thus, this also relates to choosing the secondary school of our choice.
Being in our class, the competition is tough. In this situation, we can't anticipate what will happen at the moment. Thus, those who did not score well for the compo, oral, listening or situational writing, you still have chance. I really should applaud Brandon's manner towards learning. Although he flopped the chinese EM2 compo, he told me that he would win me when PSLE comes. I really admire that attitude. It is the attitude, not the aptitude, that determines your altitude.
Life is not a bed of roses. Although you(Brandon) have lost to me this round, I cannot ensure you will lose to me the next. Cheer up! I did go out of point for my question 1 before last SA1 too.
Ok. That's all for today. BB.
Mr Teo said during PSLE, there is only a minor chance of scoring for question 1. Indeed, the second highest for question 1 was like 30-32? Worst of all, some failed with scores such as 15.5 and 19.5. So, should I which question should I choose for PSLE? Dilemma.
For EM1 Compo, I scored 36/40. Joel Sim won me by 0.5 marks. That made me kinda incensed. At least for oral, I scored 47/50. However, there are others who are also in the same range. Even English, many people are scoring in the >27 range.
Competition is soooo tough. There's no space for us to breathe(converted from chinese). Even 6/2, Joel Chan scored 35/40 by question 1. There's no chance for us to relax. However, this stress can act as a form of motivation sometimes. That is if you can take stress positively. If there's no competitiveness in society, there would be complacency. There would be no thoughts of improvement.
An analogy would be the big fish in the small pond and the small fish in the sea analogy brought up by MC. We can be a big fish swimming in a small pond, but there would be no competitiveness. Let's use science concept. Only the strongest will survive. However, what will happen if the big fish is put into the ocean? Being in a small pond, he is restricted and not see the light of the world. There would of course be complacency. There's a chinese proverb called 'Yan Er Dao Ling'. It means to cheat yourself.
Being a small fish in the sea, there would of course be different types of fishes competing for the same thing. However, this competition sharpens the fish's capability. Moreover, it will be more exposed to the world than just being in the pond. In the long run, which fish will be stronger? It is definitely obvious, the small fish. Thus, this also relates to choosing the secondary school of our choice.
Being in our class, the competition is tough. In this situation, we can't anticipate what will happen at the moment. Thus, those who did not score well for the compo, oral, listening or situational writing, you still have chance. I really should applaud Brandon's manner towards learning. Although he flopped the chinese EM2 compo, he told me that he would win me when PSLE comes. I really admire that attitude. It is the attitude, not the aptitude, that determines your altitude.
Life is not a bed of roses. Although you(Brandon) have lost to me this round, I cannot ensure you will lose to me the next. Cheer up! I did go out of point for my question 1 before last SA1 too.
Ok. That's all for today. BB.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home