Thursday, October 23, 2008

Freedom to child?

Hihi! I'm back. Hehehahaha.

How are all of you out there? Just realized that WK has finally SAW APART----Kan Kai. Initially, he didn't wanted HCI due to the only-boys-heritage. However, he has recently put HCI as his first choice school in the selection form MC gave. If I am not wrong, he accepted it after MC said something on RGS not wanting to merge because it wanted to keep its only-girls-heritage.

I was thinking, GOSH HCI far seh! Haha. Some people knew, my mother always brought me to school in the morning. Hah, I asked my mum recently, whether she will still sent me to school in the morning if I went to HCI. She was like 'wide-eye-ed'. I was also thinking how early I had to wake up to take the MRT and buses to reach there if I got posted to that school. That will be troublesome. And I mean it. Fortunately, heard from MC, HCI provides buses. -.- I was like: LUCKY LUCKY! HIT JACKPOT. Ok, not so exaggerated.

I've figured that my mum has always been giving me freedom in decisions. She allows me to go boarding school, choose my own secondary school, going overseas school trip---mostly everything. Probably that's why I feel so carefree and stress-less. Personally, I think parents nowadays are likely to be more strict and 'authoratative'. That, may result in excessive stress and depression in the child (my assumption). In result, the child may grow much rebellious as they grow older (my assumption too).

But most importantly, the child does not feel loved as much as before and feel restricted in all areas (my assumptions again). For myself, I still hug my parents, kiss them on the cheeks and iniatiatively hold their hands. I do that to them and so do they. Those are some actions that are directly expressing love. They do encourage me if I don't score well and do not care much about me performing well academically. They focus on the growing up of a child and values. However, I do agree that academics are equally important.

Yeah, I know. You may think that I am childish doing those actions in the above paragraph. However, I don't care. (:

So should parents be slightly more strict or slightly give more freedom. Yeah, I know, the model answer most of you may give will be giving moderate amount of freedom to the child. Can hear other answers? POST POST on the cbox. (:

Posting some random photos.



Birthday card for Josiaph. Cover page.



Recently went out with Ben and Aliff to Tampines Mall. Ben looking at Aliff.



We found some tubes that are made of sponge. That wrote there that it is used in the swimming pool and can float. Ben and Aliff using it to play.



Up close on the tubes.



Random scribbles I made.

That's all for today, I suppose. Ok. Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home